Saturday, July 3, 2010

At two weeks of age, the puppies eyes are open!

Wednesday morning, I woke up, and I was so tired -- I had been up very late the night before (no, not partying, working ...).  I decided it would be nice to snuggle with a puppy for a few minutes.  So I reached into the whelping box to pick out a puppy, and ended up with Green Boy.  I was petting him, and all of a sudden I realized his eyes were open!  So then I picked up all of the puppies and had them snuggling in bed with me -- and all of their eyes were open.  Wow -- at two weeks of age.  I thought they would be three weeks old before their eyes opened!

Here is Purple Girl:  She was motoring around so much that I was having a hard time catching her with her eyes looking up.  But --if you look closely you will see that her eyes are indeed open!

Purple Girl is definitely our adventurer.  Now that she can see, she crawls out of the whelping box to get to her mommy.  (This is not a good thing.)  She is also fast, and if you turn your back for a brief moment, she will be out of sight!

Check out Red Boy.  He is definitely of the male persuasion.  He is very busy working on his gross motor skills, like walking.  He practices walking on a regular basis!  (Actually they all do, but Red Boy is the most adept at it.)

Red Boy is the fun-loving puppy. I predict he will be the mischief-maker of the bunch.  Just now, as I was working on this blog, I heard a bunch of squawking from Jake's room, where the whelping box is.  Then Holly started whining.  I went in to see what was going on.  Red Boy had climbed out of the whelping box, was off the bed, and was heading for the door!



Here is Pink Girl.  She is not exactly crawling, not exactly walking.  Pink Girl is our high maintenance girl.  Not only does she have to look perfect, she has to feel perfect.  That's okay, because we all love her bunches, and she is way too beautiful for her own good!


And take a look at Green Boy!  My heart melts over this puppy.  Green Boy is his daddy's boy.  I think he is going to look like Harley, and he seems to have Harley's demeanor as well.  Can you see how beige his markings are becoming?

I pick Green Boy up, cuddle him in my arms, scratch his belly, and he melts. This is like Harley too.  Of course, we didn't see Harley at this age.  He was nine weeks old when we got him.  But still, I see bunches of Harley in this puppy.



Yellow Girl is still her mommy's favorite.  It is quite interesting to me that Holly is fixated on one particular puppy.  She tries to carries Yellow Girl wherever she goes, she cleans her more frequently, and she and Yellow Girl can often be found head-to-head, nose-to-nose.  There is quite a bond there!







Here is Orange Girl.  Isn't she beautiful.  Orange Girl is the sweetest puppy of the bunch.  She is very easygoing, loves her littermates, loves her mommy.  She is the easiest to keep content.  This is going to be a great dog!  (Of course, all of these puppies will be great dogs, without a doubt.  :) )







And look at Blue Girl!  She is a beautiful puppy.  Here she is trying to walk.  Blue Girl is a lovebug.  She just can't get enough affection, whether it is from Holly or from me.

Harley has been awesome with the puppies.  He worries about them, watches over them, and would love to hang out with them if Holly would let him.  I hold the puppies up to him, and he washes their faces.  If Holly leaves the pups, he stands outside Jake's room, making certain that all is okay.

I finally managed to upload the video from last week.  The editor for blogspot was finally fixed!
This movie shows up better on facebook, but check out the feeding frenzy!

1 comment: